West Coast Tour is a trip to West Coast region in Western Cape Province in South Africa, its bordered by the Atlantic Ocean on the west, Swartland region on the east. The region stretches 400 km from north to south and is well known for its scenic beauty and fertile fishing grounds. The main towns in this region are Saldanha, Paternoster, Vredenburg, Velddrif, St. Helena Bay, Langebaan, Hopefield, Darling and Yzerfontein. The region’s main nature reserve is the West Coast National Park.
Flower season in the West Coast National Park is at its peak from August to September, annually. During these two months visitors to the park will see a wide variety of flowers on display, from daisies to bulbs, etc. Large areas of flowers can be seen in the Seeberg or Mooimaak and Postberg areas. Though the thousands of migrating birds is one the main reasons for the conservation of the West Coast National Park, the showy plants of the area, usually growing on granite or limestone rocks, especially during spring time, this attracts most of its visitors to this fascinating park.
West Coast National Park contains mostly strandveld vegetation, which was previously classified as West Coast Strandveld and Langebaan Fynbos or Thicket Mosaic. In recent years the park has expanded incorporating substantial areas of additional vegetation type and broad habitat. The strandveld vegetation of West Coast National Park occurs on the Langebaan peninsula and east of the Langebaan lagoon on deep calcareous sands of the Langebaan formation. The vegetation of the park, excluding the newly acquired properties such as Van Niekerks Hoop, Kalkklipfontein, Langefontein and Elandsfontein, may be divided into 36 parts (or communities), having some 482 plant species (including salt marsh species).
WEST COAST ROUTE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS:
- Blouberg Beach
- The San Culture & Education Centre. (Bushman-1st Sothern Africa People)
- Westcoast National Park
- Ostrisch Farm – Where we Feed and Ride the largest Bird on earth. See all aspects of Ostrisch breeding and Ranching
- Tygerberg Zoo. Feeding the White Lions
- Lions Park – See the feeding of the world wildest Animal.
- Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm
- Nelson Mandela`s Former Prison
West Coast Route Tour Price Inclusive:
- Professional Tourist Guide and Driver
- Entrance Fee to all above mentioned Attractions
- Full house Air-Conditional Vehicle/Van Luxury Vehicle/Car for Private Tour
- A Bottle of Natural Still Water on board per person
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Lunch and dinner
- Special Attractions
- Extra Attraction Activities